Friday, June 12, 2015

Frustration with my current situation, and how it affects the game as a whole

April 21, 2015. Launch day of the 10th "Season" of Star Trek Online.

There were many things added, many things changed, and new content for players to enjoy, right?

WRONG.

When S10 went live, there was two significant issues with the game: One was significant enough that it caused a severe amount of latency in the gameserver, and the other is an issue with the FPS (Frames per Second) being sporadic, and usually running down to almost nothing.

The latency issue was tackled by the Dev Team quickly once it was discovered what was causing it, since it involved their new ships. 

The FPS issue still persists, because it is only affecting a small number of players, and despite the Dev Team's best efforts, it still persists, and has several players I know saying they are ready to leave the game altogether, and I can't blame them, as I feel the same.

As of posting this blog entry, I have lost the following in-game:

Reputation, 51 Days-I can't run any PvE content to acquire any marks due to the FPS problem, as group content is impossible with it in place.

Dilithium Ore, 8000 per day X 6 Characters=48000 X 51 Days= 2448000 ore. Same situation as Rep.

Fun-I can't enjoy the game with this issue in place.

If it weren't for my stubbornness about the game, I don't think I would have caught the attention of the game's Executive Producer in a chat channel belonging to the STO Reddit fleets.

I want to play this game. I really do. But my hope for the game wanes with each passing day, even moreso since there are forum threads about the issue with no Dev Replies asking for any information, and suggestions to Devs via social media seem to go ignored.

But I will try to hold out for myself, and those who cant speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment